Bibliography (March 2010)
Chinese Economics and Management Academy
Central University of Finance and Economics
Beijing, P.R. China 100081
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone number: 010-62289201
Ph.D. Division of Applied Mathematics, Brown University (May, 2002.)
Thesis: Elliptic Boundary Value Problems from a Symplectic Point of View
Adviser: Christopher K.R.T. Jones
B.S. Department of Mechanical Engineering, Peking University, 1995. (Honors)
Professor (May 2009 – Present) CEMA, Central University of Finance andEconomics,
Associate Professor (September 2006 – May 2009) CEMA, Central University ofFinance and Economics,
Associate Professor (September2004-September 2006) School of Mathematics,Fudan University
Von Karman Instructor, Applied and Computational Mathematics. (Oct2002-August2004) California Institute of Technology
Hamiltonian systems and geometric PDEs.
Youth Fund of National Science Foundation of China, 2007-2009.
Most Promising Research Perspective Award, Brown University, 2002.
SIAM2000 Student Paper Prize
Simon Ostrich Graduate Fellowship,1999-2000
Dean’s Fellowship, Brown University,1996-1997
1. Jian Deng, Larry Pratt, Lou Howard, and Chris Jones, On Stratified shear flowin sea straits of arbitrary cross section, Studies in Applied Mathematics, Vol 111, 4,pp.409-434. December 2003.
2. Geometric Properties and Non-blowup of 3-D Incompressible Euler Flow, J.Deng, T. Y. Hou, and X. Yu, Comm. in PDEs. , 30, No.1, , 225-243 (2005).
3. A Level Set Formulation for the 3D Incompressible Euler Equations, J. Deng,T. Y. Hou, and X. Yu, Methods and Applications of Analysis, 12 (4), 427-440, 2005.
4. Improved Geometric Conditions for Non-blowup of the 3D IncompressibleEuler Equation, J. Deng, T. Y. Hou, and X. Yu, Comm. in PDEs, 31, No. 2,293-306, 2006.
5. Level Set Dynamics and Non-blowup of the 2D Quasi-GeostrophicEquation, J. Deng, T. Y. Hou, R. Li, and X. Yu, Methods and Applications ofAnalysis, 13, No. 2, 157-180, 2006.
6. Infinite-dimensional Evans function theory for elliptic eigenvalue problems ina channel, Jian Deng, Shunsaku Nii, Journal of Differential Equations, Volume 225,Issue 1, 2006, Pages 57-89
7. An infinite-dimensional Evans function theory for elliptic boundary valueproblems, Jian Deng, Shunsau Nii, Journal of Differential Equations, Volume 244,Issue 4, 15 February 2008, Pages 753-765
8. Jian Deng, Mian Ji, “Geometric structure and non-blowup of 2DQuasi-geostrophic equation”, Journal of Fudan University (Natural Science)2008, Vol 47, Issue 2.
9. Jian Deng, C. Jones, “Multidimensional Morse index theorem and Symplecticview of Elliptic Boundary Value Problems ”, accepted by Trans. AMS.
10. Jian Deng, Adrian Nachman, Chris Jones. “Weak reversibility and equilibriaof chemical reaction networks”, submitted to SIAM Journal on applieddynamical systems.
Calculus Fall, 2006-2007, 2007-2008, Spring, 2007, 2008
Linear Algebra Fall, 2006-2007, 2007-2008, Spring, 2007, 2008
Real Analysis Fall 2008-2009
Functional Analysis Fall 2003-2004
Numerical methods Fall 2002-2003